Rumor: Resident Evil 9 to release in January!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45323 Posts

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/resident-evil-9-could-be-released-in-january-its-claimed/

According to Dusk Golem on X, Resident Evil 9 should be revealed soon, and is set for release in early 2025. Dusk Golem has a strong track record of revealing confidential information about upcoming video games before they are made public.

“The possible delay I had heard murmurs about can be pushed aside,” they said. “Resident Evil 9 should be revealed pretty soon and release next year. If what I heard previously holds true, [it] should be in January. It’ll have had about seven years in development.”

The insider also claims that Resident Evil 9 started development in 2018 as a potential eight entry in the main series. At this time, Resident Evil Village was seen as a spin-off project, before eventually becoming the eighth main entry.

This title, informally referred to as Resident Evil 9, also reportedly has the biggest budget and longest development time of any Resident Evil game to date.

Capcom has yet to publically announce the next mainline entry in the Resident Evil series, nor has it announced the next of its Resident Evil remakes.

Wow, I’m amazed by how quickly Capcom churns these Resident Evil games out. Thoughts, SW? Are you excited for another Resident Evil?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39391 Posts

It better not be anything remotely close to RE7 and RE8 or i am skipping faster than the speed of light.

I want a more reaslistic and slow RE game. Something similar to RE2R, but more realistic.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44356 Posts

Interesting that this has been in development since 2018. Seems like this won’t be a continuation of the Ethan saga then. Always love the Resident Evil games so definitely hyped for this.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1138 Posts

They're on a roll with RE, so I'm looking forward to this one. I hope they have VR ready at launch.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6412 Posts

If it's first person I will skip it just like I did the last 2 games as I have no problem not giving Crapcom any of my money.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts
@last_lap said:

If it's first person I will skip it just like I did the last 2 games as I have no problem not giving Crapcom any of my money.

Same

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2953 Posts

I am excited IF it is not 1st person. I might be the only person in the world who misses old-school fixed camera angles and tank controls, but that is the real Resident Evil in my book.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#8 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

I just completed RE:V yesterday, liked RE3R style much better than RE 7&8. Wasn’t the biggest fan of RE:7&8.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1260 Posts

I hope it has a unique setting like RE5 .

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hardwenzen

@my_user_name said:

I hope it has a unique setting like RE5 .

Hope not. RE5 was incredibly racist.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

Hope it's back to 3rd person

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1260 Posts

@hardwenzen: that's probably why it was so enjoyable

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@my_user_name said:

@hardwenzen: that's probably why it was so enjoyable

That's just not a reality i want to live in.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

It better not be anything remotely close to RE7 and RE8 or i am skipping faster than the speed of light.

I want a more reaslistic and slow RE game. Something similar to RE2R, but more realistic.

RE 7 was a great horror game, why the hate?

Anyway, Capcom should just remake Code Veronica and be done with it, then all the good RE games will have been remade.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

RE 7 was a great horror game, why the hate?

Anyway, Capcom should just remake Code Veronica and be done with it, then all the good RE games will have been remade.

Because its horror felt like its another game, not RE. To me it felt like Outlast with guns, and that's not what i want from RE. I also don't like the idea that you're not killing zombies, but instead, fire hundreds of bullets at something that doesn't die until its time arrives in a boss arena. Then, by the end of the game, you're killing black blobs that all look the same. That's just dogshit design from grounds up.

Give me a standard zombie shooter that focuses on realism. I don't even ask for a bunch of different enemies variety, just give me plenty of zombies that look differently so it doesn't feel like you're shooting at what's at the end of RE7, aka copy pasted blobs. The earlier sections of RE2R in the police station was my favorite part of any RE game. I want to see this, but add actual realism. Now what i mean by actual realism? For example, if you get bit on the neck, you die instantly, no matter the difficulty. I want them to add breakage of limbs, and the way you fix em, you'll need to find a kit a la Escape From Tarkov, and the procedure cannot be done while you're fighting because it'll take too long, so you gotta think about these things before going into danger. I want weapons to feel as realistic as possible, reload time to be in line with what it is irl (looking at pump shotties for example. this shit is always reloading instantly in these games, and i hate it).

What i want from RE is not a thing that will happen, tho, because its too mainstream of an IP. But i wish that these things could be possible when you choose the Professional/Hardcore difficulty. So you're essentially playing a zombie sim, where tension would be the ultimate goal.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

@hardwenzen: I'd love for RE to go that route. I was also very impressed with RE2R.

But RE7 and 8 sold well, so I guess we can expect more of that. If so, I'm out.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

long as it on psvr2 im in.

wish they would updated res7 for psvr2.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24996 Posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1cpls7u/re9_leak_update_leon_will_be_the_protagonist_for/

Leon is protagonist. now make sense why RE4 got remake.

its going to be 3rd person game set on Island. will be non linear.

if its as good as RE4 remake than YAY!!.

please be true. we need Leon and not any of blad protagonist.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

As i said many times, Leon is the only good character/protagonist made by Capcom in the RE franchise. I don't want to play as anybody else but him.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hardwenzen

What with these chatgpt bots. I want ghost threads back instead of this shit.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44628 Posts

We don't know if this is true or not, but I'm 100% certain if it does happen that Sony will pay Capcom to keep it off Game Pass.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

We don't know if this is true or not, but I'm 100% certain if it does happen that Sony will pay Capcom to keep it off Game Pass.

Why do you think it will be on Gamepass?🤔

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen

@lamprey263 said:

No way you're being serious. Why the hell would Capcom bring this game to gamepass, especially on day one? The only game Capacom gave MS to be on gamepass is a game that everyone laughed at way before its release, and capcom knew there's no money to be made. That was Exoprimal. You will never see a RE game on gp. You will never see Dragon's Dogma 3 if there's one. You will never see SF7. You will never see DMC6. You will never see Monster Hunter Wilds.

Putting games on GP that are guaranteed to do well, is losing a lot of money, and Capcom ain't dumb. From what's currently announced by Capcom, the only game i see coming to gp on day one or within 6 months is that Kunitsu Gami game, and that's obviously because there's zero hype behind it and they ain't expecting to be that big title selling millions.

Unless its MS's 1st party studios, you won't see any developer with actual budget for marketing and a quality game on their hand, put it on gp day one. If Stalker2 wasn't a delayed mess and they didn't sign being on GP years ago, that game wouldn't be on gp either.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44628 Posts

@hardwenzen: "No way you're being serious. Why the hell would Capcom bring this game to gamepass"

Money. Doubtful MS would offer them enough money to make it available day one but months after there'd potentially be an opportune time to hash out a deal. But that won't even be a considerations if Sony locks out that option entirely.

Sony's marketing and timed exclusive deals have made Game Pass exclusionary deals boilerplate. They prohibit said games from being on rival subscription services for 1 year of release plus add an additional 4 month window where Sony has the option to match or surpass any rival offer to bring the game over to their service, potentially keeping any game deal they make off a rival subscription service for up to 16 months. Why would Capcom ever put it on Game Pass? Better yet, why would Sony use their position to say that they can't?

Sony did the same thing for Resident Evil 8, the terms of which were made known after that got leaked. And further explains why Microsoft was compelled to put Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop on PS Plus in order to put it on Game Pass the moment the console exclusivity arrangements expired.

You'd just be fooling yourself if you thought Sony doesn't do such things. I'm 100% serious and 100% right.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45323 Posts

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1170 Posts

I have enjoyed every modern Resident Evil game, including the Ethan Winters games. As long as Capcom can still pump out quality as they have been doing their with recent REmakes, I'm down. :)